Third Line Infrastructure Engineer
PHMG is proud to be the world’s leading audio branding agency. To maintain our position at the
forefront of our industry – and sustain our continual growth – we need an expert operational team
behind us to support the running of the business, including a new Third Line Infrastructure Engineer.
Reaching across the globe, our IT team is integral to our success – in providing vital day-to-day assistance,
and offering technological insight that will allow us to keep operating at our most efficient. This multifaceted
role encompasses both of these elements. Day-to-day, you’ll deliver dedicated IT coverage to staff by
resolving issues with all manner of hardware and software, while managing the Citrix infrastructure to
ensure optimum system operation. And on a wider scale, you’ll play a key role in our long-term cloud
migration – continually reporting and monitoring to help us keep on improving.
The successful candidate will be an expert in all aspects of Citrix management, with the proven experience
to troubleshoot issues and maximise capabilities. On top of this, the position also demands an individual
with a logical approach to problem solving, a real focus on the customer, and a finger on the pulse of
emerging technologies – working to ensure we’re always operating at our highest capacity.
Citrix infrastructure management:
- Providing dedicated IT coverage during operating hours and acting as a vital point of escalation for
- Completing a range of essential tasks including configuring, installing and troubleshooting for hardware and software, and resolving day-to-day system problems with the data and voice network.
- Proactively seeking resolutions to issues and keeping users informed of progress.
- Acting as a key point of contact during scheduled maintenance and unexpected downtime.
- Striving to resolve all incidents at first point of contact using advanced diagnostic techniques.
- Implementing best practices to proactively present incidents and add value.
- Building and updating the Citrix/Windows image.
- Optimsing Citrix performance through the use of MAS platform, the integration of MS teams and the management of profile size.
- Ensuring capacity management.
- Reporting on Citrix performance for inclusion into an Infra-balanced scorecard.
- First and second line coaching and education in line with your daily tasks.
- Monitoring and resolving issues with all IT infrastructure hardware.
- Managing the day-to-day upkeep and improvement of internal systems.
- Improving the resilience of infrastructure platforms through IT continuity planning.
Reporting and monitoring:
- Supporting Office 365 and Azure projects from planning and design through to implementation.
- Planning and migrating systems and services to private and public cloud.
- Overseeing the implementation of Office 365 product sets.
- Establishing support services for the management of cloud services.
- Analysing current monitoring and baselining performance.
- Delivering management dashboards focusing on service and availability – with the overall aim of driving continuous improvement.
- Actively monitoring system performance to proactively identify issues before they impact
- Ensuring service delivery meets or exceeds expectations by enhancing systems, policies and procedures.
- Reporting on capacity management.
Skills, knowledge and experience
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Experience in all aspects of Citrix
- building, deploying and troubleshooting images
- optimising the performance of VDIs
- publishing applications and optimising them for the relevant environment
- integrating O365 with Citrix
- configuring, managing and troubleshooting Sharefile
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft 0365 implementation and configuration
- An understanding of MS Teams and Windows Server
- Experience in Active Directory, particularly in structuring and the creation of GPOs and security groups
- A proactive and logical approach to problem solving
- Unerring focus on the customer with a ‘right first time’ mentality
- The highest standards of attention to detail
- An ability to prioritise and execute tasks under pressure
- Keen interest in emerging technologies
- A proactive approach to self-development