Telephone Systems Field Engineer - FL, NJ, NY, OH
PHMG is the world’s leading audio branding agency, working with more than 35,000 clients in 39 countries – including the likes of Audi, Adidas and Coca-Cola. Following our expansion in North America, we require an experienced self-employed contractor with a strong history in telecoms engineering.
You’ll take responsibility for the on-site installation of audio branding services to client telephone systems. Drawing on your extensive background in telephony, you’ll ensure our hardware and new configuration is effectively incorporated into our clients’ existing system.
This is a part-time role with variable hours and workload.
- Taking responsibility for the installation of telephony and audio branding hardware at customer premises located across your local territory and the surrounding areas
- Configuring or upgrading telephone systems to ensure all audio branding services work effectively
- Uploading audio files to the system and configuring systems accordingly
- Configuring new IVRs, call flow and audio branding productions
- Resolving any technical faults or other issues in a reactive and professional manner
- Liaising closely with the internal support teams and third party telecoms maintainers
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a telecoms engineer, dealing with the installation and configuration of various PBX telephone systems
- Practical knowledge of a wide range of telephone PBX systems, VOIP technologies and data communication infrastructures
- Strong communication skills, particularly in a B2B setting managing client relationships
- A self-starter with own tools and transport
- The ability to work under pressure and take initiative when faced with complex client issues
- Excellent time management and having awareness of time-sensitive issues
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- The strong ability to multitask while on the job
- Excellent documentation practices and procedures
- Telecoms certification is desirable